Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fancy Pants Fish Food

EDIT: According to the Hampton Inn staff, Swanky Bubbles closed over the summer of 2010 and is now some Irish pub/bar. It will be missed.


Last week, my first week on the road, Joanne Troutner raved on and on to Matt and I about this cool sushi/champagne place in Cherry Hill, NJ and it sounded like a strange combination. This week, my second week on the road, it just so happens that I found my way to Cherry Hill and convinced my presenter to go along with me to check it out.

Swanky Bubbles is exactly what it sounds like; a super swanky, chic sushi restaurant and champagne bar. They serve some other eclectic dishes, but a two-page spread of sushi rolls on the menu is the place to rest your eyes. Not cheap by any means ($8 or $9 for some of the cheaper six-piece rolls), but certainly delicious. My presenter, a pescatarian and somewhat of a connoisseur of seafood, absolutely loved the lobster roll he had. I also enjoyed the Enlightenment roll and another whose name escapes me.

Decorated extremely well and a close drive to both The Mansion on Main St. and the Hampton Inn where I stayed, Swanky Bubbles is an establishment not to miss in Cherry Hill.

[ directions ]

3 comments:

  1. Haha! I can't believe you went there and it was good! I've driven past that place a good number of times, and never ventured in. Thanks for the review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a former program manager, I've got to agree with the review. Nice place, fun for a drink (CHAMPAGNE DRINKS ARE A MUST), and a good atmosphere. Great job exploring Cherry Hill right away, Josh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swanky Bubbles is now closed! Sometime during the summer '10 it shut down and, according to the Hampton Inn staff, will be some sort of Irish pub when it reopens.

    ReplyDelete