Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Petra's Cafe in Fayetteville, AR

Okay so no pictures since I was super hungry and had about 20 minutes to get in, scarf down some food, and get out! This little tiny place called Petra's Cafe on East Center Street in Fayetteville (close to University of Arkansas) is fantastic! I stayed just a block or 2 away at the Cosmopolitan Hotel (a real fixer-upper) and was walking around on my lunch break and found this cute little cafe! They have pictures of Jordan all over and apparently the owner is from Jordan. Anyway, I went in and ordered a platter with falafel, hummous, pita and this interesting stuff called foule (pronounced "fool"). Super good! It's this tangy bean dip with garlic, onions and tomatoes that is incredible! I was super stuffed after this protein-rich meal and I wish I was here tomorrow to eat there again! It's only open for lunch, but you have to check it out! It cheap too and it's like eating in someone's living room since the other side of the room has an oven and stove and refrigerator. Who knew there was fabulous middle-eastern cuisine in Fayetteville??

And just as an added bonus, if you're in for a home-made type burger there's a place called Hugo's that has great burgers across the street from the hotel!

1 comment:

  1. I love the sound of this! I almost can't wait to be in Fayetteville now...

    ReplyDelete