Friday, April 17, 2009

Actual Food. From Vegans.

Hol-eee Shee-it.

Once every couple of months, I decide to become a vegetarian (again).
But because I am as fanatical as a cult member, being a vegetarian always seems like the sissy way out. After a couple of days, I try to be a vegan.
It never works, though, because vegan food tastes like doormat. A few weeks into my new vegan leaf-turnover, I get angry and belligerant, say, "Fuckit", and order me some baby back ribs.

But on Wednesday night, I went to the Chicago Diner, whose slogan is "Meat-Free since '83" (where can I get a t-shirt?) and had the BEST GODDAMN VEGAN MEAL OF MY LIFE.
It was amazing!!

Get the rueben. It looks like a rueben, smells like a rueben, and tastes exactly like a greasy, corned-beefy, glorious rueben. But it's vegan! It slops all over you. And it comes with gorgeous sweet potato fries. And then I had a peanut-butter cookie dough "milkshake" that was actually better than any real milkshake I've ever had!

And the waitresses are hot.

Chicago Diner is in Boy's Town, downtown Chicago. Go go go!

I could actually be a vegan if I could eat here every day.

2 comments:

  1. Agreed! This place is BOMB-TASTIC. And I hate vegan shit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something that can enable you to watch your nourishment partitions is to comprehend the sustenance pyramid graph or the My Plate outline. It gives you a knowledge on how much from every nutrition type you should eat in a day, likewise relying upon your movement levels. mayasari indonesian grill menu

    ReplyDelete