Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Gettin Fresh in Toronto

Yet another wicked find from the WestJet magazine. Fresh has three locations in Toronto, and I loved this place so much that I bought the cookbook. They have noodle bowls, salads, fresh juices, and excellent desserts. I got the prix fix menu, which includes a juice of your choice, an appetizer, a main dish and a dessert. I had the white bean and avocado dosas, the "dolphin" smoothie, a kick butt noodle concoction that I forget the name of, and a cashew cookie for dessert. All were incredibly delectible. An added bonus: you can bring your own container for a take-away juice fix.

If you find yourself with some time in the evening in Toronto, pull yourself away from Brampton and get your booty downtown. I visited the one of Spadina avenue, which has the added bonus of being in a super cool neighborhood. Look both ways because there are bikes everywhere, as well as mass transit and lots and lots of people out and a-boot. If I hadn't got there on the late side, I probably would have walked away with several fetching outfits and possibly a new pair of shoes so be forewarned.

No comments:

Post a Comment