Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Dino-Mite!

Hi PM's~

It's Drew again with another suggestion for good eats. Once again I am in up state NY and am finding the notquietyet spring weather depressing and the bevy of blah chain restaurants depressing.

So much to my delight I stumbled upon a restaurant that Kyle H and the lovely Jaimie Bailey brought to my attention.

DINOSAUR BBQ!

So good! They are a true BBQ with pits and grills in the parking lot and a roadhouse ambiance certainly adds to the kitch charm.
They have pork, steak, and all the fixins, not too mention a killer list of sides that would do any texas joint proud, and a great beer list only sweetens the pot.

I ordered the Rueben Sandwhich with mac n chz and to top it off I got a piece of sweet potato-pecan pie. I think they cater to the northern/western taste buds as they didn't over sweetn' it like they do in the south. It was sweet and spicy just like pumpkin pie!

Check it out ya'll.

1 comment:

  1. Of course I forgot my camera, but I just got back from a trip to the NYC location of Dinosaur Bar-B-Que and it was every bit as fantastic as everyone has told me it would be.

    Got some $2 PBRs at the bar for Happy Hour and then met a friend for dinner. Total bill was a bit steep for just dinner, but not compared to the amount of food that was served!

    The Jumbo wings are just that: JUMBO! Great mild sauce (honey BBQ) and pretty good dipping sauce too (seemed like maybe Bleu Cheese with some other seasonings). The pulled pork plate was huge and tasty with both the butternut squash and "salt potatoes" being absolutely delightful.

    Worth a trip into the city for sure (or into Rochester if you prefer that location)!

    [ Web Site ]

    ReplyDelete