Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Cup of Tasty in Champaign

Welcome back for a new year of tasty treats! I wanted to start off the year with a favorite from last year. If you are in Champaign, IL, fear not. Head to Jarling's Custard Cup and your worries will melt away before the frozen custard melts in your mouth. It's not too far from the airport and it has so many flavors your eyes will glaze over when you see the selection board. My personal faves include the rootbeer float and anything involving raspberries. Just make sure you bring cash, since they don't take credit card.

3 comments:

  1. Can't find out how to join this blog; I assume it's by invite only. May I have one, please?

    I'm excited to follow and hopefully contribute to this blog. :)

    - josh j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fact: champaign also has a potbelly and a little place in an old newspaper building called courier cafe. champaign, je t'aime

    ReplyDelete
  3. Update, November, 2009: Jarling's must be closed for the season. I went by there last week and it had "Sold Out" signs on most of the windows and one of them said "See you next Spring!"

    I also think they were getting ready to turn the parking lot into a Christmas tree salesplace.

    ReplyDelete