Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Padmanadi Vegetarian Restaurant

Padmanadi is impossible to pronounce, and located way the heck down in what I presume to be Chinatown. No matter. This is the first time I have ever seen a restaurant posted on yelp that exclusively had 5 stars. They've earned it. The menu is entirely vegan, but please don't let yourself beleive that means lacking in taste. I have never in my life tasted a better, more full bodied coconut curry. Overwhelmed with curiosity, I dove into my fake mutton curry with coconut rice and ordered the roti for our appetizer.

The staff were incredibly pleasant and helpful, the tea was delicious, my food was gorgeous and oh so tasty, and we got to sing an asian-style happy birthday to one of the other patrons. If I lived in Edmonton, this is where I would want to be on my birthday and christmas and passover and dawali too. My presenter announced it was the best restaurant ever in her seminar the next day, so don't be surprised if its not flooded with middle aged, slightly overweight teacher ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment