Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Meat so soft you could drink it…

Cornbread, beer, sweet potatoe fries, and a pulled pork sandwich at the Black Dog Smoke & Ale House in Champaign, IL. Deeeelicious!

Maybe it was because I was halfway into my flight of beer samples, but when my server asked if everything tasted okay, I responded with, “Words cannot describe the happiness in my mouth right now.”

That right there should be more than enough to convince you carnivores out there to step into Champaign, IL’s Black Dog Smoke & Ale House. Not far from either Holiday Inn that we use (albeit a little farther from the Stoney Creek Inn), Black Dog is in downtown Champaign and is almost a literal hole in the wall; I drove past it twice on the first visit. It’s a barbeque joint in a small college town that can’t be missed.

2011-12-13 - 205029

  • Killer barbeque that melts in your mouth? Check.
  • Always packed with locals? Check.
  • To-die-for cornbread? Check.
  • Home-made infused tequilas? Check.
  • Rotating cast of seven craft brews on tap? Check.
  • A 7-sample flight of those tap beers for only $12? Check!

[facebook page]   [yelp]   [map]

No comments:

Post a Comment