Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Pit-Stop Through Canada


Back in December 2009, during my last week out before our glorious multi-week winter vacation, I found myself north of the border with an appetite. I in Toronto, heading south, and another program manager in Hamilton, heading north, decided we should meet up with our presenters for an early dinner somewhere in between. Not exactly a "same-city" day, but close enough.

Not being all too experienced with Canadian eateries (eh?), Yelp once again came to the rescue by leading us to a small industrial town called Oakville that is just about smack dab in the middle of our two destinations for the evening. Stoney's Bread Company is a great local restaurant that serves much more than just bread. Think of it as an upscale, independent version of Panera...I guess. Fantastic salmon sandwiches, caesar salads, handmade pizzas, and other such things. Slightly more pricey than my previous comparison to Panera, but certainly worth the experience and worth a break from driving the snowy roads of Ontario between Toronto and Hamilton.

Locally-made desserts are a must for the to-go box, as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment