Thursday, March 11, 2010

Marie Catrib's Restaurant and Bakery

Dear Marie Catrib,

Please adopt me and cook for me every day. I will move to Grand Rapids if necessary. I can't recall ever eating a more delicious meal, possibly ever. (I may be a little stupefied by your luscious chocolate pudding with fabulously dense whip cream and a massive succulent strawberry bigger than my spoon). I have been eating my way through the entire USA one small podunk town at a time, but I can die a happy and slightly fatter woman now that I have rolled through your excellent restaurant. Thank you for speading the love of excellent, creative, wholesome cuisine to all who seek it.

We Love You! Pass it on....


I have been rather lax on adding my food finds to this blog due to general laziness, but I could not WAIT to add Marie Catrib's to the list, lest one more hungry program manager pass through this northerly city without sampling the delights of this exquisite establishment. Marie brings a creative touch to classic american fare, as well as a new take on Lebanese traditional favorites. This place is so much more than soup, salad, sandwiches and Lebanese food. Everything I saw was uber fresh and they try to make the most out of local, organic, and seasonal vegetables as well as choice organic, antibiotic-free meats and "ethically harvested" fish. You can get one awesome fair trade coffee here too, and they are renowned for their brunch.

I stuffed my face and ordered the special, which was a Veggie Pot Pie with soup or salad (I wisely chose the Moroccan Quinoa soup...mmmm). To this excellent line-up, I added a side of hummous with their signature crispy sesame crackers for dipping. And even though I was bursting at the seams and they were closing down the restaurant and I was maybe possibly the only person left, when my charming waitress Shea smiled sweetly and asked, "Dessert?" I was powerless to say no. Oh, Chocolate pudding, I will dream of thee and thy silky smooth texture tonight and hopefully every night.

Everything. Was. AMAZING! I am contemplating returning for lunch tomorrow, but I think I will still have serious leftovers to devour. Maybe for the airport...?

Marie Catrib's is located at 1001 Lake Drive Southeast, Grand Rapids, MI

No comments:

Post a Comment