Wednesday, November 11, 2009

It's All in What You Order

Today was a case in point in knowing what to order. I got off my plane in Philly knowing that I was hungry and craving Pizza but if I go for the full cheesy, meaty, greasy Sabaro slice it’s never a happy ending. I walked up, fully expecting to pop a tums on my connecting flight, and saw it: a veggie pizza of my dreams. Broccoli, spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, peppers... all on top of the fluffy yet greasy and crunchy crust that I was craving. I won’t kid myself that it was healthy, or that I should put my antacids away, but damn if it wasn’t a decent compromise.


And isn’t that what we’re looking for so much of the time? The option that isn’t going to stick in your gut, that’s going to give you a couple of vitamins, yet will fill that comfort food need that traveling brings out in even the best of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment