Saturday, November 28, 2009

Once a Funeral Parlor, Now a Bar

I've got no photo for this place, except one of the menu, so I'll pass on that. When in Springfield, IL and walking around down near the capitol building, make sure to swing in to Norb Andy's Tabarin (closest guess on translation is "tavern," but I have no idea which language). Monday night $5 martinis are super strong (try the caramel apple martini; girls at the bar said it was their absolute fave). I only found this place because my presenter had to pee, so we stopped in the only place that seemed open on a Monday night. Cool partially-underground bar with an Irish/nautical theme. Opened under new ownership just about a month ago, so stop in and buy some beer or other beverage.

Jeremy, the owner, is super nice and is a skilled bartender. Tell him you work with Josh, the guy from Gainesville, Florida, as in "The Gainesville Murders." He may remember the conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment